Saturday, February 27, 2010

Vanilla experiment



This was a new soap for me. I don't typically do, sweet, or fruity & on a whim I gave this a try.. mostly to get rid of a bottle of vanilla I had floating around here. LOL These were just unmolded.. so I'd expect at least I'm hoping so,they will get darker? I was shooting for a lot darker than this.



I added powdered chamomile & calendula petals sprinkled as my dividing line & no fragrance to the top lighter portion.



Update** this shot was taken on day five.. I'm really pleased with the difference and how much darker the vanilla portion has become!

I posted this soap on a private soapmaking forum I am a member on, and another member suggested this site to see more vanilla comparisons. A very interesting study and pictoral.

No comments: